Saturday, January 7, 2012

DIY: oatmeal yogurt mask

by Venus

During winter days like these, what's nicer than treating yourself with a moisturizing mask after a hot bath.

Recently I am starting to get small patches of flaky skin on my face, so tonight I decided to treat myself with a DIY oatmeal yogurt mask.



1 tbsp  Oatmeal
1 tbsp  Non-flavored yogurt
a few drops of honey (I used manuka honey)

(the above ingredient is enough, your face really isn't that large afterall)

After shower, washing my face, I placed a hot towel over my face for a short while just to let my pores open a little, allowing my skin to absorb nutrients better.
Mix up the above ingredients, apply the mask to your face, and leave it for about 10-15 minutes. I find it hard to rinse it off, so I massage my face a little, then take a piece of paper towel and wipe off most of the yogurt+oatmeal on my face before rinsing it with water.

My skin felt so much moisturized and smooth after the mask and I noticed those flaky patches on my face got a lot better (well, wasn't really THAT bad to begin with, but you know, we really don't ever want any bad things on our faces)


Bottom line: I think this is a great mask that is easy to make and very effective (and of course cheap), especially for winter, to keep our skin healthy and beautiful.

xox
v

No comments:

Post a Comment